At ARTC 2018, we increased the standards surrounding originality, innovation, and relevance of presentations in order to provide better quality and more original content.
We encouraged co-presentations, ensuring that you got technical insights as well as practical information from peers who had already used the technologies.
2018’s co-presented case studies included:
Jacking of Live Lines for Corrosion at Pipe Supports Inspections and Interventions – Day 1 at 15.35
- A pro-active approach to addressing Corrosion at Pipe Supports can reduce turnaround time & costs
- It can also prevent unplanned shut-downs and extend pipeline assets service lifespan
- The presenters will describe a new jacking system enabling inspection & maintenance of multiple contact points on live pipes backed by Engineering and Safety Procedures
The Low-Cost Revamp that Extended the Run Length of PTTGC’S VDU – Day 2 at 11.00
- Objective: Increase VDU run length at the South East Asia refinery by de-constraining frequent fouling of the wash section
- Key changes: Convert the wash section from two stage to single stage and install Shell SchoepentoeterTM Plus inlet device
- Benefit: Unit run length extended to three years or more
FlexicokingTM Technology and Application for Heavy Oil Upgrading – Day 2 at 11.25
- Continuous fluidized bed process integrated with steam-air gasification for heavy oil and resid upgrading.
- Commercially proven to produce valuable liquid products and converts coke to high-value clean fuel gas.
- Proprietary technology designed to minimize capital investment and energy inputs while reducing emissions.
Maximising Diesel Throughput in HDT and ADU Revamp – Day 2 at 12.15
- Tracking opportunity crude market to increase refinery profit margin
- Revamp distillation columns to handle feedstock flexibility and varying process conditions
- Maximize diesel yield in atmospheric column and hydrotreater to achieve dieselization initiative
Fouling Mitigation – Day 1 at 15.35
- Fouling in heat exchanger in refinery and mitigation solution
- Visbreaker rundown anti-fouling HEX
- Maximize refinery profitability by extending run length of visbreaker rundown HEX