Chairman’s opening remarks
- Karambir Anand Partner - EY
Opening keynote address: Vision for Indonesia’s refining future: meeting demand and creating a sustainable downstream industry
- Lt Gen Nugroho Widyotomo Secretariat General - National Resilience Council Indonesia (Dewan Ketahanan Nasional)
Opening keynote address
Indonesia’s place in the global energy landscape
- Prof Purnomo Yusgiantoro M.A. M.Sc, Ph.D Professor; Former Indonesian Minister of Energy; Former Indonesian Minister of Defence; Former Secretary General of OPEC - Indonesia Defence University
Opening keynote address: Exploring Indonesia’s Refining Development Masterplan
Reserved for Pertamina
Panel discussion: Investment in Indonesia’s downstream industry
This session explores current and future investment in Indonesia’s refining development masterplan. Topics to be discussed include:
- The need – where is investment required? Exploring the value bought by JVs and partnerships. Understanding technology and services requirements. A look at the future financial demands bought about by the RDMP and how they are to be met.
- The challenges – and how to approach them. Understanding legal, cultural, political and economic challenges associated with investment in Indonesia, and practical advice on how to manage them.
- The future – how much investment is required, and from where, to realise Indonesia’s RDMP? How should ESDM, Pertamina and international stakeholders work together for the best outcome? What is the ultimate vision for Indonesia’s downstream sector and how to get there?
- Karambir Anand Partner - EY
- Philip Graham Managing Director & Co-Head of Energy, Power and Utilities - Citibank
- Luca Tonello Deputy General Manager, Head of Project Finance - Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Brig Gen Toto Siswanto Executive Director - National Resilience Council Indonesia (Dewan Ketahanan Nasional)
- Anna Drobakha Department Director Joint Projects Development in Refining and Commerce - Rosneft
Driving the future: Asia’s refining and petrochemical market
Explore trends in Asia’s refining and petrochemicals markets including regional production dynamics and demand. Understand how portfolio strategies must respond to rising regional and global competition.
- Clive Gibson Partner - Nexant
Capturing market in a difficult environment
This talk explores the issue of declining margins coupled with legislation requirements, and how Melaka Refinery successfully overcame obstacles and survived.
- Kamal Bahrin Ahmad MD/CEO - PETRONAS Melaka Refinery
International collaboration and cooperation
- Rudy Radjab President Director - PT Kreasindo
Refiner panel: Outlook on declining margins and future direction for Asia’s refining sector
Refining margins are coming under pressure. This panel explores the market outlook for Asia’s refining sector, looking at operations, supply chain and investment in light of continued low oil prices. Topics to be discussed include:
- A look at regional supply and demand – comparing refinery operations with national supply requirements and how to balance effectively to service demand.
- What does the low oil price mean for refining in Asia over the next 3-5 years?
- How much of a threat do external markets such as electric vehicles and high sulphur restrictions pose on Asia’s refining sector? How best to monitor and prepare for upcoming threats.
- Exploring petrochemicals as a growth area: what is the potential for petrochemicals in Asia?
- Exploring the increase in fuel exports from China and the impact on other Asian oil companies.
Adapting the hydrogen plant to changing environments
- Frank Ouwerkerk Vice President Business & Product Development - TechnipFMC
Alternative hydrogen production technologies
- Nils Michel Sales Manager Licensing & Technology, Refinery - Air Liquide
- Michael Costello Technical Manager – JV Refining, - CHEVRON
Hear from senior engineers and technical staff outlining the latest core refinery technologies and how they are improving output. Listen to real-life case studies exploring how these technologies made tangible impact on refinery operations.
Next-level hydrocracker flexibility: Unlocking high performance in today’s turbulent markets
- John Baric Licensing Technology Manager - Shell Global Solutions International BV
Fast and accurate selection of hydroprocessing catalysts
- Erik-Jan Ras Principle Scientist - Avantium
Speed Networking followed by afternoon break
BROWNFIELD TECHNOLOGY ROUNDTABLES
Participants are invited to join an informal round table focus group. Table discussion focuses on case studies where brownfield technology has been successfully integrated into existing operations, and the outcome. Topics to be discussed include:
Table 1: Optimized hydrogen management in refineries
Understand innovative methods of improving and optimizing the hydrogen management of refineries. The discussion will cover technical as well as operational aspects which need to be considered in order to drive refining margins and competitiveness.
Moderator – Dr Alexander Benöhr, Director, Marketing & Strategy, Air Liquide
Table 2: Operational intelligence technology at SRC
This discussion explores the implementation of digital technology and operational intelligence technology at Singapore Refining Company, and the implications for digital technology for refining in the future.
Moderator – Selva Guru, Principle Engineer, Singapore Refining Company
Closing keynote panel: Technology requirements for Indonesia’s current and future refining projects
Understand the major technology requirements for current and future refining projects in Indonesia. Discussion includes:
- Understanding Pertamina’s current refining operations and emerging technology requirements
- New build grassroots refineries in Indonesia and priorities for procurement of new refining technologies.
- A look at Indonesia’s energy resilience for wider national resilience, including investment in alternative energies and nuclear power
- Exploration of the use of nuclear technology for refining
Chairman’s closing remarks followed by networking drinks
Session moderator: Abdul Rahim Jalil, Staff Engineer (Feedstock), Petronas Penapisan Melaka Refinery
Improved desalter technology enables greater diversity in refinery feedstock
- Erik Sellman Sr. Product Manager – Oil & Electrostatics - Schlumberger - Testing and Process
Improved catalyst performance though advances in support media
- Jayce See Product Manager SE Asia and ME - Saint Gobain Nor Pro
Benefits of crude oil management for successful heavy crude processing
- Cameron Kennedy Director of Technology, Asia Pacific - Baker Hughes Incorporated
- Dr. Haznan Abimanyu Leader of Biomass and Environmental Chemistry Research Group - Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
A new energy efficient sorbent-based process for CO2 capture from Flue Gas
- Dr Vinay Amte Lead Research Scientist - Reliance Industries
Refinery and petrochemical integration with energy optimization
We facilitate knowledge sharing and nurturing of business partnerships within the oil and gas sector. We do so by providing face-to-face opportunities to network including conferences, exhibitions and networking evenings; independent analysis and creation of industry reports and webinars. We create events that matter.
World Refining Association
Clarion Events Ltd
69-79 Fulham High Street, London,
SW6 3JW, UK
Tel: +61 447 591 583